Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Backside betrayal

See this function on your phone?


I highly recommend you use it. You never know who your butt may dial while you innocently go about your day. Apparently today my butt dialed a neighbor in my babysitting coop.

A neighbor who isn’t (yet) hardened by raising three kids.

A neighbor who doesn’t let her own 2 year old have a temper tantrum in Target, and then announce rather loudly “Listen up: I’m leaving now. I’m not sure why you are so sad and angry, but if you want a ride home you’d better get off the floor and follow me out.”

A neighbor who isn’t undeterred when followed in public places by the howls of 2 year old woe.

When the distress call ended, my neighbor *69’ed me to make sure that everything was OK. Much the way the 911 operator follows up on a misdial, making sure police, ambulance or fire services don't need dispatching. I guess my neighbor wanted to see if CPS was warranted given the amount and decibel of wailing she overheard.

I have for years hated my butt. Now I have one more reason to add to the list.

1 comment:

Katharine Vieceli said...

Hilar ... because I just put a lock on my phone for that very reason. You just never know who your pocket might call ... by accident ... xoxo